Friday, January 11, 2008

More musical beds....

Another rough night. First bedtime: Khaled came downstairs after about 45 minutes, shaking his head. The girls had fallen asleep, but Muhammad was in his bed, talking to himself, singing - anything to avoid sleeping. Did I mention that Khaled calls him "al tifl al lathy la ya nam" (the boy who would not sleep)?? LOL so true! 2 minutes later we heard footsteps and I went upstairs to find Mariam in her bed crying (she's been having nightmares) and Muhammad sleeping next to Noora. So I put him back in his bed, tucked them both in - and THOUGHT they went right to sleep (at least we didn't hear anymore running or crying).

Noora woke me up around 12:30 - where I had fallen asleep in front of the TV. When I went upstairs, I found Muhammad in Noora's bed - God knows how long he had been there. I left him there and let Noora sleep with me (1 is still better than 3!). I woke up around 2:30 am to find Mariam on the floor in my room again. I put her in her bed, and sometime later she came back to my room, so hoping to get at least *little* sleep, I let her in next to me. About 4:30, it was his turn - and I got just what I was hoping to avoid - all 3 of them in my bed!!!

The crazy thing was that Muhammad wouldn't fall asleep from about 4:30 to almost 6!!! He was talking to himself, kicking me, kicking his sister. I knew if I put him in his room he would start to cry, and I'd never get any sleep! He finally fell asleep around 6, and when Khaled woke him up at 7, he was NOT happy! Oh well, maybe one day he'll actually be tired enough at bedtime to actually GO to sleep!

Today is Friday, so my experiment will begin again - I'll either sleep outside their room again, or just keep putting them back in bed when/if they wake up - and hopefully sleep in tomorrow morning....UGH!!!