When I first started posting in this blog, I was afraid I would get bored and stop after a while, because I really would love to keep it as a "memory journal". However the reason I haven't posted in a while is NOT because I got bored or decided to stop - it's just because NOTHING has changed...(although I have been updating the entry with the funny words the kids say on a regular basis - the one called "Fawzi-isms"). Everything else has pretty much been status-quo, the bedtime rituals, them coming to my bed, dinnertime craziness....etc, etc.
Anyway, yesterday, something happened that I needed to document for future reference. So I can remind them of what they did to me...it was time for bed - and it took me 10 minutes to get them to go upstairs, so by the time we got there, I was already NOT very happy. Then the second we got upstairs they each ran in different directions. I went and got Muhammad and put him in the room so he can change and then left to get Mariam...sure enough the second I turned my back, he got up and ran away....so I left Mariam in the room and found him hiding in the closet, when I took him back to the room, guess what??? Yep, Mariam was gone, and I had to look for her, and she was under Noora's bed....now I have to mention that this is NOT an isolated incident - and is pretty common whenever we try to get them to do anything: eat, get dressed, brush their teeth, go to bed....
So needless to say I was like a raving lunatic, and by the time I had their pajamas on, I just left them in the room and went downstairs for Khaled to deal with them, in order to avert a tragedy!
So, kids, if you are reading this now as adults - you need to thank God and your parents that you are still alive after the stuff you put us through as toddlers :))))