Monday, February 25, 2008

I miss my kids :(((

Once again I haven't posted in a while, but I just don't want to post for the sake of posting without having something interesting to say. But today is Monday and I just arrived in Sacramento for a Face-to-Face for work. I will be here until Thursday afternoon insha'allah. It's 9pm now and I miss the kids terribly. I keep imagining M&M run into the house after school and not finding me....or remembering Noora's sadness when we dropped her off at school today. Amazing how no matter how much complain about how crazy our lives are, we just don't know what to do with ourselves without it. I'm sitting on my bed in the hotel room watching tv, instead of going shopping or going to the movies - I sit in a hotel room alone, thinking about how much I miss them.

I called them before they went to bed, and Mariam immediately said, "Mommy, leih mommy beit Mariam" This literally "means" (aside from the grammatical errors) - "Mommy, why is mommy in Mariam's house?" - but she never uses the word "mish" which means "not", it's just assumed :). So, what she means is "Mommy, why isn't mommy in Mariam's house?" I had to listen to the same exact question from Muhammad next (they each must repeat each other's questions exactly). So I told them I had to go buy them toys....

Noora is trying to be the "big girl" - but she said she wanted to call me after school but "papa told her I was still at work..."

I miss my kids :(( But I guess I should make sure to remember that next week when I'm screaming at them at the top of my lungs.