So it's been almost 3 months since my last post. I kept meaning to post from Egypt, but I kept getting distracted and never really got around to it. We had a great, relaxing summer - exactly what I was aiming for. The kids spent time with their grandparents, cousins and other family - while I enjoyed having people around to help and entertain the kids while I sat back and relaxed :))) Technically it wasn't a vacation 100% since I was working most of the time I was there. My working hours were a bit wierd, so I wasn't always able to do everything because I worked during the day, but often had to be home in the evenings for my many meetings. I also had to come home from the Sahel (North Coast of Egypt, at the beach) a few times because my network connection up there didn't support the phone for my meetings. But all in all, it was well worth it. It is always hard for me to leave, because I love being so close to my family - both immediate and extended....always having them around, having them drop by, or visiting them whenever I want....but insha'allah I will be able to take the kids every summer.
Noora always loves going to Egypt and had a great time. But this year, Muhammad and Mariam also had a wonderful time. They are old enough to understand their surroundings and enjoy themselves. Nagah, was our nanny for the summer. She was like an angel sent from above. The kids loved her, and she loved them. She was my lifesaver. They still ask about her even after we've come back.
Towards the end of the summer, they started to miss their dad. They started asking to go see him - so it was good timing. Now that we are back they are asking why he can't come with us to Egypt :)) He only stayed 3 weeks this year, and we travelled together for about a week of it, and for the rest of the time he stayed at his parents house, and came and visited us when he could - it was a LONG drive, about 1.5 hours on average - although if the traffic was decent, it sould take 30-45 mins, but I don't think that's ever happened.
The kids came back with completely different personalities....their Arabic improved immensely and they became so much more enjoyable, not so much babies anymore. Their conversations have become extremely humorous and I would love to be able to post what they say, but it's not really WHAT they say, just how they say it....Oh well, more later.