October is "Breast Cancer Awareness Month". Every year, until last year, that meant that there were always cool pink products in all the stores. Pink pots, pink vaccums etc. etc. Last year, October had a whole new meaning for us. It's October again, and all the pink products are back in the stores. Still love seeing them, except that this time it is because I see them as a way to avoid seeing anyone I love from ever going through this terrible disease again.
I'm a self-described tv-junkie. I'm not sure if it's just because I'm more aware of it, but it seems that on every tv show there is a character diagnosed with some form of cancer. Some end well, some don't - but watching people go through treatment, even when it is fictional tv brings back memories I prefer not to have. Nevertheless, none of us will soon forget. It was a horrible time, and now, a year later it is a start of a new life for all of us.
Mom is coming back next week for her doctor visits. Insha'allah she will be told that she is still cancer-free and this visit will be filled with fun and love and a grandmother enjoying her grandchildren.