Well, Ramadan is over, and so is the Eid. Tomorrow Noora goes back to school, and all will be back to normal. It has also been almost exactly a month since everything got turned upside down. Mom came from Egypt and we found out she has breast cancer. It has been one terrifying month for all of us. The past few weeks have consisted of worry, scans and doctor visits. We've finally gotten some idea of what she's in for - but it will be a long road. Hormone therapy, surgery, chemo and radiation. It is Stage 2 - which means it could have been caught earlier, and that is why she will need all 4 treatments - but alhamdulillah, the doctors seem to be fairly hopeful. Her PET scan revealed no cancer anywhere else, so that was good news for us too.
The worst thing about all of this is mom's fear and sheer panic. I've never ever seen her like this, she has always been very strong and it kind of freaks me out. I am so worried about her, but I'm trying to stay positive and keep her spirits up - because she definitely needs it. Next week is her next Dr. appt and they will do another scan to see how the tumor is responding to the medication and I'm hoping that insha'allah once she gets some good news she will start feeling a little better.
Right now, all we can do is pray and ask for all our friends and family to pray for her too....